The Governing Body of Winchester College is known as 'The Warden and Fellows'. It consists of a Warden and up to fourteen other Fellows.
Statute V of the College provides that the Fellows of the College, in addition to the Warden shall be:
- The Warden of New College Oxford (a)
- One Fellow elected by the Warden and Fellows of New College Oxford (b)
- One Fellow elected by the Council of the University of Oxford (c)
- One Fellow elected by the Council of the Senate of the University of Cambridge (d)
- One Fellow elected by the President and Council of the Royal Society (e)
- One Fellow appointed by the Lord Chief Justice of England (f)
- Up to eight Fellows elected by the Warden and Fellows (g), provided the total number (including the Warden) does not exceed fifteen.
The Current Governing Body
Warden: Sir David Clementi, MA, MBA, FCA (2008) (g)
Sub-Warden: Robert Sutton, BA (2003) (g)
John Nightingale, MA, DPhil (2002) (c)
The Rt Hon Sir Andrew Longmore, PC, MA (2006) (f)
Robert Woods, CBE, MA (2007) (d)
Mark Loveday, MA (2008) (g)
Jean Ritchie, QC, LLM (2008) (g)
Professor Sir Curtis Price, KBE, AM, PhD (2009) (a)
Professor Christopher Sachrajda FRS PhD FInstP CPhys (2010) (e)
Charles Sinclair CBE, BA, FCA (2010) (g)
Peggy Frith, MD, FRCP, FRCOphth (2011) (b)
Major-General Jonathan Shaw, CB, CBE, MA (2012) (g)
Clarissa Farr, MA (2013) (g)
Andrew Joy, MA (2013) (g)
Nicholas Ferguson, CBE, BSc, MBA (2014) (g)
Visitor: The Bishop of Winchester
Bursar & Secretary to the Warden & Fellows: Jeffrey Edwin Hynam, MPhil, BEd.
The Governing Body meets three times a year (once per term), and has six primary committees and one sub-committee. The committees are as follows: Academic and Pastoral Committee; Finance Committee; Works Committee; Development Committee; Nominations Committee; Audit and Risk Committee. The Investment Committee is a sub-committee of the Finance Committee.