|

Common Time 2019

C. Du Boulay's (Cook's)

Dr Andrew Savory

House Master:
Dr Andrew Savory  aps@wincoll.ac.uk

Assistant Housemaster:
Mr Callum Barnes

Matron:
Mrs Nadia Pearce

Telephone:
(01962) 621 303
Facsimile:
(01962) 621 313

Address:
Du Boulay's
11 Edgar Road
Winchester
SO23 9SJ

House Letter: C


Du Boulays Reading
Du Boulays Du Boulays

Du Boulay's is one of the three oldest boarding houses at Winchester and was the first to be custom built as a boarding house. It occupies its original site on Southgate Hill, now called Edgar Road.

Founded by The Revd J.T.H Du Boulay, the first Housemaster (1862-1893), it is formally known as Du Boulay's but informally as Cook's, after the second Housemaster A.K. Cook (1893-1909). It  accommodates 60 boys in a house including its own squash court, gym, pool table, two music rooms and a large garden.

Dr Andrew Savory teaches Biology. Andrew arrived at Winchester in 2009 from postdoctoral research at Oxford University and in 2012 become Head of Biology. In addition to preparing the school's prospective medics, he is a Flying Officer in the RAF section of the school's Combined Cadet Force and coaches water polo. He also holds qualifications to supervise mountain biking and indoor climbing.

He is married to Hannah, a Mathematics teacher and Head of Year 10 at St Swithun's School, and has two young children, Annabelle and Isaac. He enjoys running, science fiction and board games.