- A non-refundable fee of £375 is paid on registering.
- The registration forms, and deadlines for applying, are set out in our admissions timelines:
Acceptance of conditional offer
- For those pupils joining us in Year 9, a fee of £1,000 is paid when you accept the conditional offer of a place by 1 July of Year 6. This fee will be refunded through the Spring Term invoice in your child’s first year but is non-refundable if you subsequently decline the place.
- A deposit is paid in January of Year 8 on acceptance of your child’s place. For UK citizens, the deposit is £3,000, and for non-UK citizens, the deposit is £10,000. The deposit will be refunded within four months of your child leaving the school, less any outstanding fees or extras if applicable.
For 2021/2022, the boarding fees are £43,335 per annum (£14,445 per term)
For 2022/23, the fees are as follows:
- The fee for Boarding pupils will be £45,936 per annum (£15,312 per term).
- The fee for Day pupils will be £33,990 per annum (£11,330 per term).
Fees in advance scheme
- A single lump sum may be paid up to five years in advance of your child’s entry to the school and includes a discount on the full fees. Contact the bursary team for more information.
Tier 4 visa
- A fee of £550 will be payable for each applicant requiring a Tier 4 visa in order to come to Winchester College.
- Winchester offers financial support for any child who would benefit from an education here, but whose family is unable to afford the full fees. We also award Scholarships and Exhibitions for those pupils with exceptional academic, musical or sporting talent. Unlike Bursaries, Scholarships and Exhibitions do not automatically carry a remission on school fees. However free individual tuition is provided for sports scholars and musicians.